Ginseng, being one of the most popular herbal remedies in the world today, is commonly cooked traditionally as soup or tea. Ginseng has been suggested to promote energy, cognitive functions, and contain anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
So naturally, when we got our hands on some Ginseng root, we got really excited. Our Masterchef decided to have a little experiment with it and fired up her lab to create what we would call Fusion-ised Ginseng Recipes.
Here are two of our special event Ginseng recipe that you can try out real easily at home:
1. Apricot Ginseng Oats Jar
Quick and easy breakfast option to kick start your day. Keep them chilled and they can last for 2 days.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
What you’ll need : 350g glass jar
1. The Good Co. Honest Granolas 50g
2. Overnight Rolled Oats
- 100g organic rolled oats
- 330g water or almond milk
3. Apricot Ginseng Jam
- 350gm dried apricots
- 300ml water
- 80gm raw cane sugar / granulated molasses sugar
- 1 pcs Ginseng Root
- 2 teaspoons of Ginseng powder
4. Chia Seed Yogurt
- 3g Chia Seeds
- 50g Natural Yogurt (For Vegan: substitute natural yogurt with vegan/non dairy yogurt )
5. Brulee Pears/Apples
- 1-1/2 cups diced pears / apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp raw cane sugar / granulated molasses sugar (optional)
Soak organic rolled oats with water or almond milk and keep it refrigerated overnight or for at least 3 hours till the oats soften. Fast method : Cook rolled oats in boiling water until water dries up and refrigerate oats for 20 minutes.
Soak dried apricots for 30 minutes. Boil water with ginseng root in medium fire for 30 minutes. Put soaked dried apricot into boiling ginseng water, add sugar and cook on medium fire till apricot softens. Blend boiled apricot and remaining ginseng water into puree. Lastly add ginseng powder according to taste preference of ginseng flavor.
Mix natural yogurt and chia seeds
Use frying pan to lightly sauteed pears (or apples), cinnamon and sugar until sugar dissolves on low fire
Layer the ingredients step by step into a jar
Layer 1 – The Good Co. Honest Granolas 50 g
Layer 2 – Overnight Rolled Oats 100 g
Layer 3 – Apricot Ginseng Jam 50 g
Layer 4 – Chia Seeds Yogurt 50 g
Layer 5 – Apricot Ginseng Jam 50 g
Layer 6 – The Good Co. Honest Granolas 30g
Layer 7 – Pear/Apple Brulee 30g
2. Tropical Ginseng Juice
Healthy shot of energy anytime, anyday. Keep them chilled and they can last for 2 days.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What you’ll need : Cold Pressed Juicer ( Recommend : Kuvings or Hurom Juicer )
1. Passion Fruit 200 gm
2. Peeled Oranges 300 gm
3. Cut Apples 300gm
4. Grated Ginseng Powder 1/4 teaspoon
5. Chia Seeds 1/4 teaspoons
1. Cut passion fruit into half and scoop out inner flesh
2. Alternate cut apples, peeled orange and passion fruit inner flesh into cold pressed juicer
3. Add and stir grated ginseng powder and chia seeds into the juice . Add more grated ginseng powder for stronger ginseng flavor
4. Ready to be served
5. Keep chilled for a more refreshing taste
Enjoy them roots!